My name is Michael Bogusz. I was for long an academic, specialised in the contemporary China. In 2001 I graduated in political science with a specialisation of international relations at the University of Gdansk. Immediately I went to Beijing for an intergovernmental scholarship, where after three years at the Peoples University of China (中国 人民 大学) I completed post-graduate studies in international relations. Then I worked in Beijing and Guangzhou. In 2008 I got a doctorate from the University of Gdansk. My dissertation was dedicated to an implementation of General Theory of Systems to the analysis of Chinese foreign policy.
I left China after more than eight years. I spend some time in Thailand before return to Poland. Since then I was a lecturer in the area of Modern Chinese Studies. In 2018 change my career and I became a senior fellow at The China Research Programme of Centre of Eastern Studies (OSW) in Warsaw, where my area of expertise are:
• Foreign policy of the People’s Republic of China;
• Internal policies of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
• Kulturowo-psychologiczne uwarunkowania polityki Chińskiej Republiki Ludowej w stosunku do Unii Europejskiej [w:] Unia Europejska – Chiny: dziś i w przyszłości, ISP PAN, 2014.
• Anarchizm zdegenerowany [w:] Studia z dziejów polskiego anarchizmu, Szczecińskie Towarzystwo Naukowe, Szczecin 2011.
• Ejércitio Zapatista de Liberación Nacional – wirtualna partyzantka [w:] Terroryzm w medialnym obrazie świata, Trio 2010.
• Plus several publications in OSW (English ones).
Working with students, I noticed that despite access to multiple sources of information in the modern world, they use the simple clichés of the mainstream media, and many minor but key information eludes them. So, in 2013 I decided to create a place where I gather current information coming from China, reviews of interesting publications, various types of interest, etc. I called it „Behind of the Great Wall”. This project is still going on.